It is already there: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-511

I added this mail as a comment since it clarifies what is needed and promise to look into JIRA first next time ;)

-Gisbert

Dan Tran wrote:
sounds like a bug, please file a JIRA

On 10/12/06, Gisbert Amm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does anybody know how I can persuade the Maven2 FindBugs Plugin to let
Findbugs generate an XML file containing its results into the target
directory in addition to the HTML report in target/site?

The Maven1 Findbugs Plugin automagically generates a file named
findbugs-raw-report.xml into the target directory during maven site.

I cannot find any information about how to achieve that with Maven2
neither on http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-findbugs-plugin/
nor on http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/howto.html

I tried  <generateXml>true</generateXml> in the <configuration> section
as it is for the Clover Plugin but of course that didn't work.

What I want is to use this option of Findbugs:

-xml

    Produce the bug reports as XML. The XML data produced may be viewed
in the GUI at a later time. You may also specify this option as
-xml:withMessages; when this variant of the option is used, the XML
output will contain human-readable messages describing the warnings
contained in the file.
(http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/manual/installing.html#commandLineOptions
)

Any pointer or help would be highly appreciated.

-Gisbert

Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

WEB.DE GmbH
Brauerstraße 48 · D-76135 Karlsruhe
Tel. +49-721-91374-4224 · Fax +49-721-91374-2740
[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://www.web.de/