dan tran wrote:

> Not that I know of, you will need to validate it your self.
>
> but you can file a JIRA against MNG for this feature enhancement

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply (this one and the many others!). I've been
thinking about filing a jira, and maybe starting on a patch. I think the
first step would be to include some extra data in plugin.xml. It would
probably break things to add additional <parameter> tags, but what if
complex parameters had sub tags? Then whatever code doesn't know about them
could just ignore them.

Step 2 is making maven read those tags and do something with them. Of course
this shouldn't break plugins that don't have those tags.

Step 3 is making the plugin documentation include them in the parameter
tables.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Paul