Sometimes, the Maven Dev team decides to take over ownership of
plugins which have proven to be especially popular and useful, usually
after they have been developed to a certain degree in Codehaus or
elsewhere. Maven Dev sponsored plugins are always named
maven-xyz-plugin, while non-Maven Dev plugins are generally named
xyz-maven-plugin.

The changelog plugin is one of those. So when it moved from Codehaus
Mojo to Maven, its name changed, and so did the version.

The maven-changelog-plugin is the newest version.

Wayne

On 10/13/06, Nate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The site for xslt plugin is old.
>
> svn url is http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/xslt-maven-plugin

Excellent.

> apache snapshot repo
>
>   http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/
>

> codehaus snapshot repo

Okay.  Here is where I'm confused.  I used to get the changelog plugin
from the codehaus site (2.0-beta1).  That version was not working correct,
so I found a post that said to switch to the apache repo (2.0-SNAPSHOT).
Did this plugin move?  If not, why are plugins in both places?

Here is the diff of my pom.xml

338,340c348,350
<         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<         <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<         <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
---
>         <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

Thanks,
-Nate