You can borrow some code from maven-dependency-plugin to pull artifact
down on the fly.  I doubt you need a profile since you can poke around
with system property to find what OS you are on. You can even ask user
to pass luncher type at runtime

Licensing is a headache, since apache/codehaus folks are very nervous about
GPL :-). Oh please dont flame me.

-D