Looks like a bad cache/install. I reinstalled, removing the cache and
maven directory in the repo and this error went away.

On 10/16/06, Dion Gillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Doesn't work for me. I get a stacktrace on starting:

 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.1-RC1-SNAPSHOT

Directory C:\Documents and Settings\Dion Gillard\.maven\cache does not exist. At
tempting to create.
Plugin cache will be regenerated
org.apache.maven.project.Model: method setModelEncoding(Ljava/lang/String;)V not
 found
Exception stack traces :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.project.Model: method setModelEnco
ding(Ljava/lang/String;)V not found
        at org.apache.maven.project.io.dom4j.MavenDom4jReader.parseModel(MavenDo
m4jReader.java:1263)
        at org.apache.maven.project.io.dom4j.MavenDom4jReader.read(MavenDom4jRea
der.java:2617)
        at org.apache.maven.project.io.dom4j.MavenDom4jReader.read(MavenDom4jRea
der.java:2628)
        at org.apache.maven.project.Project.<init>(Project.java:151)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:194)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:123)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.JellyScriptHousing.getProject(JellyScriptHous
ing.java:109)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.createPluginHousing(PluginManag
er.java:349)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.loadUncachedPlugins(PluginManag
er.java:240)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.initialize(PluginManager.java:3
11)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializePluginManager(MavenSession.ja
va:205)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:543)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1411)
java:79)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:41)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

http://repo1.maven.org/maven/

http://repo1.maven.org/maven,http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/maven/distributions/20061009/
> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1755
> [3] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1789
> [4] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1769

Rule of Acquisition #91: Hear all, trust nothing.

Rule of Acquisition #91: Hear all, trust nothing.