Wendy Smoak wrote:
On 10/19/06, Xavier Outhier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2) But here is what I get:
D:\tmp\sandbox>mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.4

(Strange, since above you say you installed 2.0.3.)
It was just a copy/paste from the page mentionned above. So no magic here.

D:\tmp\sandbox>*mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=myApp*
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

It should look like this:
http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ArchetypeCreate

(Without the checksum errors, and with a lot more things downloaded,
since you're starting from an empty local repository.)

In your case, it doesn't look like it even *tries* to download
anything.  Is there a firewall or a proxy involved?

Yes. I fixed it by creating a settings.xml in the .m2 directory.
Now even without this file, I'm able to run the simple command.
Does it mean that Maven need always to access internet to work?
For me it seems like it's not a complete installation. I suppose it's
a JIT philosophy. Where can I find more information about this topic?

Maven seems a quite interesting tool. I'll continue to dig. :)
[...]

Thanks for the very fast answers. :)

Xavier.