If it would exist, I could open this *one* file to receive the JUnit statistics instead of opening up to serveral *hundret* files (in large projects with lots of tests) to collect the data this way, which seems not the most performant thing to do.

The Surefire plugin could easily add up the errors and failures while it runs and write the results to a file if a certain switch is turned on (let's say "generateXml", e.g.) without significant lack of performance. The Maven1 JUnit Plugin did so, at least.

-Gisbert

dvicente wrote:
ok, i haven't understood.

But why do you want this aggregated xml file ?

Gisbert Amm-3 wrote:

That's not what I meant. The TEST-xxxx.yyy.xml files are there, indeed, but no file with *aggregated* test results.

Of course I can go through the single files and collect errors and failures from there (that's what I actually do ATM). But the Surefire plugin could do that much more efficent during it's execution and write it to a neat XML file afterwards as it was in Maven 1.

-Gisbert

dvicente wrote:

i only know Maven 2 but in maven 2 surefire generates this xml.

see in directory /myProject/target/surefire-reports, you must have
TEST-xxxx.yyy.xml

Gisbert Amm-3 wrote:

A week passed since I've posted this question and I got no reply so far. Can anyone say something about it, please?

-Gisbert

Gisbert Amm wrote:

Hi,

in Maven1 the Junit Plugin wrote the test data aggregated into a file named TESTS-TestSuites.xml. How can I achieve this with the Maven2 Surefire plugin?

-Gisbert

Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

WEB.DE GmbH
Brauerstraße 48 · D-76135 Karlsruhe
Tel. +49-721-91374-4224 · Fax +49-721-91374-2740
[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://www.web.de/