If you want to run a profile without specifying on the
command line you have two possiblities:
1. set them in the active profiles section (you can
set more than one)
2. trigger the profile activation. The link I sent you
before
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html)
 has examples on it. Or is it the mergere book? If you
don't have that one, I suggest you download it. It is
free (http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp). One
of these docs have an example on how to activa a
profile based on for ex. java version.

I personally use the command line option. That is when
I know what profile I want to run.

Attila

>Everything seems to work if I FORCE the -P on the
> command line.
>
> My issue now is that I want to run without the -P on

> the command line
> as well to use the default profile, but that does
not