From: Charles Harvey III [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 10:01 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How do i use the hibernate3 plugin from codehause

You have been able to generate DDL files?  See, I think I was mislead by what
hibernate3:hbm2ddl is supposed to do.  I wanted it to generate a bunch of text
files with a bunch of CREATE statements.  Instead, it connects to my database
and creates the tables for me.  I can't stop it from doing that.  If I don't
put in a connection URL to the database, it fails.

And I have setup the <outputDirectory> correctly in the <plugin> setup, still
nothing.  Can someone send me their exact setup so that I can try this again.

And, just to be sure.  Is this possible?  I do NOT want to have the tables
created automatically.  I just want text files.

Thanks.

Charlie

Stefan Hübner said the following on 10/19/2006 1:34 PM:
> Hi Yves,
>
> 2006/10/19, Yves Van Steen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I want to create ddl sql files from my hbm files but none of the
>> goals of the hibernate3 plugin actually works?
>>
>> Is this plugin useable or still in development?
>>
> I'm using it quite successfully to generate ddl-files with
> hibernate3:hbm2ddl. I was also trying to get hbm2doc running, but that
> one is not working as of now, because the Hibernate-libraries are not
> stable yet. Apperently there are some screwed up dependencies.
>
> It's in development (1.0-SNAPSHOT). There was an attempt to publish
> 1.0, but that process got stuck a while ago. there are still some bugs
> left - like your one. you might want to keep track of
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-515.
>
> I think, whenever the Hibernate guys publish their 3.2 release, this
> plugin will be fixed. Even now it does a great job.
>
> jm2c
> -Stefan

!DSPAM:4538d73c241851913645530!