Hi,

I have a single pom project which is a war-project. It uses the commons-logging 1.1 package. This package has a dependency on javax.servlet:servlet-api 2.3. I don't want this package to be a part of the distributed war-file. Therefore I have excluded it. But still I need it at compile time. Therefore I have introduced it again, but only for compile-time.

My problem is that the javax-servlet.jar file still is included into the war-file. Is this a bug? And can I do something to prevent it from being included?

Here is the dependencies from my pom.xml:

   <dependencies>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
           <artifactId>derby</artifactId>
           <version>10.1.2.1</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
           <version>1.1</version>
           <exclusions>
               <exclusion>
                   <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                   <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
               </exclusion>
           </exclusions>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
           <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
           <version>2.3</version>
           <scope>compile</scope>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
           <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
           <version>2.0</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>c3p0</groupId>
           <artifactId>c3p0</artifactId>
           <version>0.9.0.2</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>mysql</groupId>
           <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
           <version>3.1.12</version>
       </dependency>
   </dependencies>

/Jakob