if you only want to change the name of the generated
war file, then you may simply use

<finalname>yourwarname</finalname>

After
$ mvn package
you will end up having a file
./target/yourwarname.war

which may e.g. be locally deployed and started with
cargo
$ mvn cargo:start
ending up with the contextpath yourwarname.

lg,
strub