Hi all,

I'm using the Checkstyle plug-in and it works perfect with default
or predefined.

1) But I would like to try another config file from JJGuidelines.
I try to change to checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml by modifying the pom like this:

 <reporting>
   <plugins>
[...]
       <plugin>
           <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
           <configuration>
               <configLocation>checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml</configLocation>
           </configuration>
       </plugin>
[...]
   </plugins>
 </reporting>'ve added the checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml in

I put the checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml and checkstyle-jjguidelines.jar
in my project directory and it found it but I got the error:

[INFO] Generate "Checkstyle" report.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation
Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle configuration
Unable to instantiate usage.UnusedLocalVariableCheck

I suppose it comes from that:
"within the compile scope of the dependencies or build extensions classpath."
There is a class with name "UnusedLocalVariableCheck" in the jar.

Where should I put the checkstyle-jjguidelines.jar?
What should I add in my pom.xml or settings.xml?

2) I would like also to know where are located the 4 predefined config file listed
on the Customization page:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/customize.html

Thank you,

Xavier.