Yea but this is even more clunky.  I essentially migrated away from that
(for example in a pure ant build I had to use the excludes primitives for
WARs  thatwere linking against common global project libraries).

I'm very happy with the Maven2 stuff for the most part.  Much cleaner
overall (with a little planning).  I also think that ant/maven2 can work
together very nicely (one does not neccessarily have to replace the other).

-aps