Please see my inline comments below...

I hope I am of any help,

^_^

Ryan, Scott D wrote:
I am trying to set up a fairly complex set of repositories and am
running into some challenges.  I think most of it is my understanding of
the details of how Archiva is structured.  Once I get a better
understanding I hope to help provide feedback in the user guide to help
other users.

So I have set up 4 managed repositories

OpenSource
SpecialOpenSource
Internal
LicensedInternal

I have created 2 proxied repositories.

When I run index I am able to see all the artifacts from all the managed
repositories.  When I access the repositories using my settings.xml I am
not able to located any of the artifacts within the managed
repositories.  I am using http://localhost:8080/archiva/proxy as the
repository location.  Is there something special I have to do to get it
to download artifacts from the managed repositories.  I am getting the
artifacts from the proxied repositories and I am assuming that those
proxied artifacts are then stored in one of my managed repositories so I
can run reports against them.

1) How do I get the managed repositories to be accessed to look for
artifacts?
Archiva works like an http proxy, when a mvn program requests an artifact from it, archiva will then try to download the artifact from one of the proxied repositories until it finds one. You can't have archiva get artifacts unless there's a request for it.
2) Can I use the above URL to gain access to artifacts from all managed
repositories or do I need to access them in some other way
There is a tab named "Browse" on the left panel which you can use to access proxied artifacts.
3) Is there a way to upload(deploy) via the proxy or through archiva to
the managed repositories and how do I determine which repository to
upload to
Unfortunately, not yet.
4) Are the artifacts downloaded from the proxied repositories stored in
one of the managed repositories and how do I determine which managed
repository they are stored in.
When adding a proxied repository, there is combo box in there that asks you to which managed repository will artifacts from this new proxied repository will be stored.
I apologize if these are basic questions but I have been working with
Archiva all weekend and am excited about the possibilities but just need
to get some basic understanding of how it works.  I fully intend to
document all that I learn and send it to the developers if that would be
useful in the user guide.

Scott D. Ryan
Senior Java Developer/Architect
Aurora Loan Services
10350 Park Meadows Drive
Littleton, Co. 80124
Office: (720) 945-5328
Cell:    (303) 263-3044
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

designated recipient(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for
information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as
a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Aurora Loan
Services. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change
without notice.