Hi.

I just started converting a Java project using Hibernate (www.hibernate.org) to
build with Maven rather than Ant. While I was able to get log4j logging working
again by placing my log4j.properties file in src/main/resources, and putting
hibernate.cfg.xml in the same place does result in it getting picked up by
Hibernate at runtime, I can't seem to get the mapping resource entries correct.

My directory structure is now

src/main
        \ resources
        |          \ hibernate.cfg.xml

        \ java/cedar/hepdata/model
                                  \ Author.hbm.xml
                                  \ Axis.hbm.xml
                                  \ etc.

1. Put your HBM files into resources, not into java. You should have src/main/resource/cedar/hepdata/mode/Autor.hbm.xml etc.

2. Use

<mapping resource="cedar/hepdata/model/Author.hbm.xml"/>

Bye.
/lexi