I am trying to work through a "boot-strap" issue.

Currently we have a multi-project that includes a maven-plugin module that is then used to build other modules in the multi-project.

As you might expect a clean checkout & build at the top-level fails because mvn says it can't find the plugin in question (it hasn't been built yet).

Is there any way to do this? Or do I have to break the plugin out into its own project & build it separately?

Thanks,
Matthew

p.s. I posted this question once before but did so as a reply and was worried it got lost in that noise, apologies for the duplication