Jeff,

I use maven and I really like it and I don't want this to sound like
negative criticism but you are right, the learning curve for maven newbie’s
is huge and there just isn't much good docs available.  I have wound up
getting bits of pieces of info from here and there...it just takes so long.
It would be great if some maven gurus could solve this problem and make
maven more accessible.