> You can create a 'target platform' directory which contains all the jars of
> plugins you use. Then set this directory in Preferences > PDE > Target
> platform. You will have to add ALL the plugins you use, even the core
> eclipse plugins.
> But later you can just add stuff here and press reload on the same
> preference page.

Ok.  Thanx!  Now I'm able to add it as a required plug-in in an RCP
project.  But I'm still not able to list its exported package when
clicking "Add.." in "Imported Packages" in the RCP project.

Here's what I did (this is eclipse-3.2 on Ubuntu Dapper):
 - Did the commands:
        mkdir $HOME/ecplise_pde_plugins
        cd $HOME/ecplise_pde_plugins
        (cd /usr/local/eclipse-3.2; tar cf - plugins) | tar xf -
 - Selected Window->Preferences... from the menus
 - Open "Plug-in Development" and select "Target Platform"
 - In the "Location" field clicked on "Browse..." and browsed to the
   $HOME/ecplise_pde_plugins directory

That made all of the recular plug-ins show up.

Then I dropped in an OSGi bundle, clicked on "Reload", and as you
said, the plug-in showed up.

> You could even create a POM for your target platform that copies
> everything from the maven repo.

> If you go for the second option, you will probably no longer have a
> PDE project and will lose the PDE's support for running OSGi
> applications.

Quite.

Thanx for the solution! :-)

I'm not sure this is the solution I'll eventually want (I'm not happy
with having a copy of the eclipse platform, and mixing the platform
plug-ins with something particular to one project), but it gives me a
fallback.