I have a recurring problem with the local repositories on our workstations.

When maven-proxy crashes, which happens once every couple of weeks generally during the night, anyone who tries to run maven corrupts their repository and leaves it in a state where maven cannot grab maven-clean-plugin.

This is not using snapshots.

Not even working offline is possible.

The cure is to restart maven-proxy and delete the maven-clean-plugin directory by hand from the local workstation affected.

Is there a command such as 'mvn clean-repo'? Or is manual maintenance the only option?

Thanks
Adam