I just solved it by installing all parent POMs.

On 11/3/06, Ty Cuz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have problem when unpacking the dependency jar if no version is
specified.
I have the following structure:

root
  |-- module1
  |-- module2
  |-- assembly
        |-- cli
And the following is extracted from root/assembly/cli/pom.xml:

          <execution>
            <id>unpack</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>groupX</groupId>
                  <artifactId>moduleX</artifactId>
                  <outputDirectory>${pom.basedir
}/target/resources</outputDirectory>
                </artifactItem>
              </artifactItems>
            </configuration>
          </execution>

I did not include <version>, because I have included groupX:moduleX:0.1.0under
<dependencyManagement> in root/pom.xml

However, it works if I execute from:
root/assembly/cli> mvn package

But it complaint "Unable to find artifact version of groupX:moduleX in
project's dependency management." if it is executed from:
root/assembly> mvn package

Anybody knows what is happening?  Please let me know if you required more
information.

thanks,
Ty