Dirk is simply suggesting (I think) that you can/should check the
version and speed of your securerandom.source, and if signing jars
"takes too long" then you might need to look into a faster source.
There's not a lot the webstart plugin can do to improve the speed of
your random device.

If you don't really care about the security, you could probably find
one that runs very fast and is not terribly secure at all. So probably
your internal builds could use a very fast and not secure random
device, and then your external builds might use a truly random device
that's quite a bit slower.

Wayne

On 11/6/06, Valerio Schiavoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hello dirk, thanks for your reply,

On 11/6/06, Dirk Olmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In the end it turned out to be the random device that is configured by
> default in the jdk. Take a look at
> $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security where the random device is
> configured.

what should I check ? i'm on a linux machine, the default random device is
accessed :

 securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom

what exactly should I check ?

--