On 11/7/06, Sebastien Brunot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Even if the POM are correct, transitivity can copy much more classes
than really needed : you're using library A, which a subset of class
uses library B. If you don't use this particular subset of classes in
library A, you don't need the dependency on library B (I hope it's
clear).

In this case, A should probably mark its dependencies on B as
'optional' to avoid the exact situation you find yourself in.  If
you're having this problem, chances are that other people are, too.
If you let us know what dependency is causing it, we can take a look
and try to get it fixed.

Sometimes the project in question is not using Maven itself, so the
developers don't realize what happens when they leave all of their
dependencies in the default (compile) scope.

--
Wendy