Franz,

that second point sounds plain wrong. mvn shouldn't display those sorts of
messages from the velocity library it is using.

On 11/7/06, Franz Fehringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 As i stumbled over this some time ago i was told on this list, that

this is only a warning and not a real problem
if i am still annoyed i should post not to the Maven but to the Velocity
list Regards

 Franz

 Deluigi Marcus schrieb:
 Hi

I am new to Maven and I am following the 'getting started' guide
step-by-step.
When I try to create the site documentation and execute:

----8<----
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app \
 -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-site
---->8----

I get the appended error message.

Is my system corrupt or is it a maven (or plugin) bug?
Everything else works fine.

I have Maven v2.0.4, and Java 1.5.0_09

----8<----
$ mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId
=maven-archetype-site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO] task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
in any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using VM library template
VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException:
Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro : VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline
may NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will
be global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: com.mycompany.app
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
maven-archetype-site:RELEASE
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: com.mycompany.app
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: com.mycompany.app
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: d:\Workspace\Maven-Test\my-app
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: com.mycompany.app
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: my-app
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not
of packaging type 'pom'
[INFO]
[INFO]