Unfortunately it sounds like you're going to need to grok that >10k
mvn -X debug command to find out why those extra dependencies are
getting pulled in.

Wayne

On 11/8/06, Nathan Coast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Wayne,

thanks for the help. I'm not getting duplicate dependencies but getting
different dependencies included in the war file depending upon how I
initiate the build of that war file.

initiated from the war project itself:
child>mvn install
- all ok, correct deps.

initiated from the parent aggregator project:
parent>mvn install
- 15Meg of extra rubbish is included in the WEB-INF/lib.  E.g.
dependencies of plugins declared in other modules are included in the
war/WEB-INF/lib

let me know if you need any more info e.g. pom.xml(s)

thanks again for help with this,  I'm either facing having to build
every project individually (not something I want to do with > 100
sub-projects) or settle for trivial webapps > 15Meg.

cheers
Nathan