[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Yves Van Steen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/07/2006 09:58:46 AM:
I can generate a jar containing the source files of a project.  But
how do I configure it to deploy the source jar to the repo?

I need this because I would like to use the download sources
setting of the eclipse plugin for my own projects.

So far I have found nothing that would accomplish this task.

Somewhere deep in the plugins of maven adding a system property of performRelease=true causes both source and javadoc jars to be
generated and deployed. It's not well documented. So you can do

mvn -DperformRelease=true deploy

and you get both source and javadoc jars in the repository along with
the main artifact. It also works with the install target.

Very interesting. I just checked on the maven website and it's not mentioned as one of the optional parameters (only createChecksum and updateReleaseInfo are documented).

But it works.