Good day to you, Mark,

Curious, which docs are you referring to?

AFAIK, @components and @parameter take their values from different
"sources".

"@component" mojo parameters are injected values which comes from the
component.xml (or some other plexus component configuration).

while

"@parameter" mojo paramaters are injected values which comes from the
properites.

Correct me if im wrong though. I have limited knowledge with Plexus.

Thanks,
Franz