There is a similar feature request in jira for the dependency plugin. It
currently would write out a string, but it would seem to be a relatively
simple change to write xml:http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-26

-----Original Message-----
From: Timo Wolf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 9:39 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Assembly: Export jar dependency list to xml file

Hi guys,

I am using the assembly plugin to create a Mac OS X java application.
OS X applications are using an xml file to describe the application,
containing the main class and the jar files that are in the classpath.

Currently I have to change the xml file by hand if I add a new jar file
or if I am using a new version.

Is there a possibility to export the runtime dependencies into a xml
file?

Below is a sample of the xml file

<key>Java</key>
<dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
     <string>rat.properties</string>
        <key>ClassPath</key>
        <array>
         <string>ant-optional.jar</string>
         <string>avalon-framework.jar</string>
         <string>batik-1.5-fop.jar</string>
         <string>binding.jar</string>
         <string>colt.jar</string>
         <string>commons-beanutils.jar</string>
         <string>commons-collections.jar</string>
     </array>
</dict>