On 11/22/06, Christian Goetze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In between propose and accept is when your QA department would do
> their work... and if accepted, the exact artifacts they've tested will
> be promoted to the release repository.

This is I think where the problem is: if the "promotion" involves a
rebuild,

Promotion does *not* involve a rebuild.

Like you, Apache projects need to examine (and vote) on the *exact*
artifacts that get released to the public.  Maven's current release
process doesn't allow us to (easily) do this.

The new process (still under discussion as far as I know...) involves
proposing a release, examining it, and then either accepting it or
not.

--
Wendy