Hi Dave,

Dave Syer wrote:
I was advised here:

  http://www.nabble.com/Surefire-report-issues-tf2634455s177.html#a7353146

to use the surefire plugin version 2.1.3.  There were some dependency issues
(if anyone knows a repo where that version is valid please let us know), so
I tried 2.1.  Unfortunately it has the same problem as 2.2 with test
failures producing rubbish report output (even in a standard JUnit report).
Thanks, but I think I'll download the 2.2 source and patch it locally.

It's worrying though that such a simple but visible bug

 http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-52

has been around for more than 3 months - despite having a proposed fix - and 2 releases later it's still unassigned...

Best regards

Mirko