My only concern with that, Tom, was the /META-INF/maven/ folder and
its contents. If they are never used, you'll be fine, but I could see
them being used at some point.

Wayne

On 11/28/06, Tom Huybrechts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't think the contents of the file is very important (no need to
repackage it), but you should take a local copy, change the version
number in the POM, and use deploy:deploy-file to upload pom and
artifact so the metadata files in the repository are updated properly.

On 11/28/06, Wayne Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I haven't done this myself but I have spent some time looking at the
> repo structure etc...
>
> I think you should be able to unjar the file, find and replace all the
> SNAPSHOT versions and file names etc with the version number, and
> bundle it all back up with the proper name in the proper directory
> (versions count here) and it should work.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 11/28/06, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Let us assume that there exists a snapshot dependency.  This is a jar
> > file with the usual packaging of a Maven 2 dependency, and the version
> > of this is SNAPSHOT.  Is it possible to repackage this dependency and
> > change the version to something other than SNAPSHOT?  If so, how?  Let
> > us assume that there is no source code available so that we are not able
> > to just change the pom.xml and rebuild.  Thanks.
> >

> > This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

> > Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of
any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]