On 11/30/06, David Whitehurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm using Maven to do a number of things and I'm unable to obtain access
a jar dependency using two plugins to accomplish my purpose.  First I use
maven to jar my application and it writes an executable JAR file and a
manifest that contains my needed Jar file for log4j.

I then use the maven-exec-plugin to execute the jarred application from
the
command line using using "mvn exec:exec".  I have tried all combinations
of
configurations and ... my goal is not to have to copy the log4j jar into
my
target directory.  That's the only way I can see the jar on the classpath.
The maven-exec-plugin site says that the jars will be seen on the
classpath
automatically.

1- do not crospost if possible.
2- this is probbably wrong

      <classpath>
              <!-- automatically creates the classpath using all project
dependencies,
               also adding the project build directory -->
        <dependency>log4j</dependency>
              </classpath>

use
      <classpath>