I am writing a mojo that requires a parameter called "host".  If I set
this in my depdendant projects POM then it works.  If I use the
expression -Dhost=127.0.0.1 then it also works as expected.  But if I
have it set in the POM and then also set the expression then the one in
the POM takes presedent.  Is this correct?  I would generally want to
define a default host in my POM (I dont want to define the default in my
mojo as it varies by project), and then occasionally override this via
the CLI.  I'd rather use the CLI than define multiple profiles, as there
could be any number of hosts I might want to run against.

Is the standard to use what is defined in the POM over everything else,
or have I made a mistake in my plugin?

Thanks,
Martin.