Hi,

I'm working on a mojo that will analyze a build's
poms and come up with structuring recommendations.

For dependencies I had a simple rule in mind.

Keep them either on the parent or the child, unless
one of the children has to override the parent's
version setting...so this would only happen if a
parent had 3 children, two of which needed the same
version and a 3rd
needing a different version.

However Maven also has the dependencyManagement
element.
Does that do something that the regular dependencies
element does not?

Also, if anyone has other pom structuring rules / best
practices they would like to see included in the
report
I'm accepting requests.  The report mojo will be
apache licensed.

Cheers,
- Ole