Hello Alexander,

On Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 10:53:57 PM Alexander wrote:

> Yea, I agree...I don't see why interfaces should be dependent on
> implementations?  What's the point?

It doesn't. The *Factory* does, and just *this* factory is (should be)
shipped with the relevant interface, while the implementation should
be shipped separately. Or more precisely: the impl-jar shouldn't be
shipped anywhere, just located in the runtime.

> I don't see how you would have a circular dependency.

I do have. If you don't see it I wasn't able to explain it correctly.

> Your factory classes probably produce instances of your interfaces.

It does.

> Your implementation classes would depend on those interfaces.

Exactly. And for the Factory producing instances it depends on the
implementation class. Which is in a different project / jar. Which
depends on the interface class / jar. Which can't be built due to the
fact it needs the impl-jar (as "<dependency/>" set up in "pom.xml").
Which can't be compiled as it needs the interface class. Which
*aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh* I'm lost in a recursive explanation!!! ;-)

> Life is good!  :D

Sometimes. Not. :-)

--
Best regards
"Peter Palmreuther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

"There is no statute of limitations on stupidity."