Hi,

I could compile using the repository repo1.maven.org/eclipse
but later I found a problem. The plugins are in format pluginname-version
and in the eclipse plugins are in format pluginname_version.
because of change in plugin names my RCP didn't run. i still couldn't find
why the plugin jar name change affects it.
so currently I am building using ant without taking plugins from
respository.

But if you just want to have a look at how i compiled using maven, then here
is the part of the pom file-

<build>
   <resources>
     <resource>
       <targetPath>icons/</targetPath>
       <directory>icons/</directory>
       <includes>
         <include>**</include>
       </includes>
     </resource>
     <resource>
       <targetPath>/</targetPath>
       <directory>${basedir}</directory>
       <includes>
         <include>plugin.xml</include>
         <include>plugin.properties</include>
         <include>META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</include>
       </includes>
     </resource>
   </resources>
   <finalName>${artifactId}_${version}</finalName>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <configuration>
         <archive>
           <manifestFile>META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
         </archive>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>
     <plugin>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>
 <repositories>
   <repository>
     <id>repo1.maven.org</id>
     <name>Maven eclipse Repository</name>
     <url>http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse</url>
   </repository>
 </repositories>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>com.ibm.icu</groupId>
     <artifactId>com.ibm.icu</artifactId>
     <version>3.4.4</version>
     <scope>compile</scope>
   </dependency>
  ------------------
  other dependencies
  ----------------

</dependencies>
 <distributionManagement>
   <status>deployed</status>
 </distributionManagement>
 <properties>
   <topDirectoryLocation>../../</topDirectoryLocation>
 </properties>
</project>

hope it helps
Bhupendra

which maven plugin do you use for building your rcp application or eclipse
plugins? Do you have a sample pom.xml for me?

Best Regards,
Thorsten