never tried this one :-( ,
do you get any artefacts from archiva using only the proxy setup ?

there was a problem with the proxy servlet, as soon as you have more
than one
proxied repo's the access without 'repo-id' didn't work, maybe this is
fixed now

I don't think that the proxy servlet is implemented the way you want to
use it,
but I may be wrong...

check
        org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultProxyManager
        org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultProxyRequestHandler

maybe you can provide a patch....

Regards

Daniel