Jörg Schaible wrote:

Christian Goetze wrote on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:49 PM:

I have a situation where a module with packaging "jar"
builds, i.e. it
produces a .jar file, but it doesn't install if maven is run from the
parent project directory. No indication by mvn why. It will
install if I
run maven from the module directory.

Any ideas how I can debug this?

Do you use by chance in another project an assembly? It might destroy the
lifecycle ... http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-97 (note, 2.2 is not
released yet).

Yep, I found that out by removing all modules and adding them back one by one. Those with assemblies cause the subsequent build lifecycle to fail.
--
cg