i had a quick look at the Maven 2.x docs.

Am i right in assuming that my PC can have both m1 and m2 installed? To call m1 i use "maven" and to call m2 i use "mvn"?

We also keep a build.properties file in %USERHOME% that points to the remote repositories - m2 uses another file or mechanism right?

Rakesh