Currently maven does not support Junit 4 in the surefire plugin (default test framework) there is a JIRA for it so you can go and vote for it :)

Andy

Davis Ford wrote:
Hi, we use JUnit 4.1 in eclipse, but when we run the tests from the
cmd line with mvn, it seems to fail and not use JUnit 4.1 but it uses
the old 3.8.1.

Is there some way to force mvn to use JUnit 4.1?

The mvn release is 2.0.4 we are using.

Thanks in advance,
Davis