On 12/7/06, Bob Arnott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello list, I've got an issue with the assembly plugin, I'm getting this
error:
Embedded error: Unrecognised tag: 'dependencySets' (position: START_TAG seen
...</includeDependencies>\r\n        <dependencySets

That doesn't seem to match up with what you posted, which has no
<includeDependencies> tag.  In addition, as Bram mentioned, the xml
you posted is not well formed.  (Your closing </moduleSets> tag is
missing the /.)

Is the documentation wrong...? Basically I've got a multi module build and I
would
like one binary and one source assembly. I've got the source one, that was easy,
but I would like the binary one to be like:

Be aware that the documentation you see on the site is for the latest
snapshot, and may include unreleased features.  They *should* be
marked "since [version]" but it's possible we've missed some.

First, fix your XML and see if that helps.  Also, run mvn with -U to
make sure you've got the latest release of the assembly plugin, or add
a <version> to your pom.

When you get it working, please consider adding an example to the
plugin wiki.  The assembly plugin's page is here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Assembly+Plugin

I'm still one or two assembly plugin versions back, because the
descriptor format changed and I haven't had time to re-do the
descriptors for my projects. :(

--
Wendy