Hi,

I am a beginner with maven and maven SCM. i tried to use Maven SCM with
Perforce. My pom.xml looks like this:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.test</groupId>
 <artifactId>withPerforce</artifactId>
 <packaging>jar</packaging>
 <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
 <name>withPerforce</name>
 <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
 <scm>
   <connection>scm:perforce:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:3023://depot/myProj</connection>
 </scm>
<build>
 <plugins>
   <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <configuration>
     <connectionType>connection</connectionType>
   </configuration>
   </plugin>
 </plugins>
</build>
<dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>junit</groupId>
     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
     <version>3.8.1</version>
     <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>
</project>

But, when i attempt to execute any scm command, i get the following error:
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

My configuration file is configured right, it can download the other plugins
required from the repository.

Could you please let me know if i am doing anything wrong or have i missed
out on any configuration step.

Thanks in advance,
Anirudh