On 12/14/06, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I've deployed some restricted libs to my corporate repository. Those libs
are for example Oracle JDBC driver or IBM MQSeries java client.
Can I make an upload request for such POMs in maven public repo ?
My goal is to avoid the "Sun jars hell" I got on maven1, where projects
made
reference to the same artifact with various groupId.

What good is it to publish such poms in the public Maven repositories, if
you cannot post the actual jar files they refer to?  And, it seems unlikely
to me that you have the legal right to publish all of the jars referenced in
your follow-up list.

The right solution is to encourage the vendors of the stuff you need to
publish their own software, with the group and artifact ids that *they*
choose.  Trying to publish someone else's work, under an identifier that
*you* choose, strikes me as an attempt at plagarism.

Craig

Nico.