From: Christian Kölle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2006 02:41
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: [M2] Local offline repo maintenance (unique clean + clone)

Hello everyone,

I am using maven standalone, i.e. via local repo on my machine with noone
else.
I have many libraries in the repo, which are not retrieveable via internet.
There is no company internal repo. The following issues might seem be
relatively unique to you.

Problem 1:
Once in a while, I get plenty invalid POMs

Background 1:
When I am in the office, i get a WLAN-connection but no access to the
Internet. If I forget to switch Maven to the offline mode, it smashes all
the POMs of manually added libraries, as some scrap-page is downloaded. As a
consequese, I get many 'Invalid POM errors', e.g. during 'mvn site:stage'
usage. Deleting the smashed POMs by hand helps but it is far to often to not
be annoying.

Question1:
I there a cleaning mechanism, which would help me to get rid of all invalid
POMs? Any other hints?

#

Question 2:
Is there something like a copier-plugin, which would enable me to clone the
repo but only with those jars, which are not retrieveable via internet?

Background 2:
I am leaving my employer end January. The repo is very big. It would be nice
to leave my successor a 'small' repository-clone somewhere (e.g. svn) which
would contain all the manually added libraries. -- I might not get all the
manually added dependencies with the project-referring dependency-copier
plugins.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thx in advance.

Regards
Christian