Since the release of the 2.2 maven-assembly-plugin I have a problem with
 this plugin.
My pom file is:
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <mainClass>org.aware.wda.WorkflowDesigner</mainClass>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
         <descriptorRefs>
            <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
          </descriptorRefs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

The point is that whatever I declare into the
          <archive>
          </archive>
section is ignored.
The manifest of the jar is always empty (I have tried also with adding
<manifestEntries> tag, but nothing).

While if I specify <version>2.1</version> everything works fine.

Luca