Hi Alexander,

I like this idea, and if I may, I'd like to add one suggestion.  How
about allowing the users settings.xml to 'include' a settings.xml from a
different location (file, url, whatever).  This would allow developers
to customize the settings.xml while still having a central repo for the
global settings ...

My two cents,

Cheers,

Johan