I'll repeat Patrick's request since you didn't respond to it... Did
you try using the URL to download the file yourself manually from a
web browser using the same computer you're attempting to build your
Maven project on?

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-compiler-manager/1.5.2/plexus-compiler-manager-1.5.2.jar

This kind of error message is odd and would seem to indicate a problem
with your Internet connection. Are you perhaps behind an Internet
proxy or something?

Also, try running "mvn -cpu compile" to force an update of the plugins.

Wayne