On 1/4/07, matthewadams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I use the assembly plugin to create a jar that contains the contents of all
jars that the application depends on.  From my pom:

[...]

<descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>

[...]

Many things can be customized.  See the doc on the assembly plug in
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin,
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html).

Do you know, how to configure name of executable class so
java -jar xxx-jar-with-dependencies.jar will work?
I was checking if 'mainClass' element of maven-jar-plugin will be
propagated to xxx-jar-with-dependencies.jar' but MANIFEST in
result jar is do not contain anything from project, only three lines:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: 1.5.0_07-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Regards,
Tomek

HTH,
Matthew