the plugin itself is in group org.apache.maven.plugins

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.3-SNAPSHOT/

On 1/9/07, Zaphod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes of course I use this repo url.
But I searched for a "2.3-SNAPSHOT" in this repo and didn't found it.

I suppose surefire-junit4/2.1-SNAPSHOT/ is the one you mean, isn't it?

But when I try to use
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.apache.maven.surefire</groupId>
                                <artifactId>surefire-junit4</artifactId>
                                <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                        </plugin>
I get a
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:292)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:198)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:163)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1252)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1216)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:982)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:453)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
        at

If I try
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.apache.maven.surefire</groupId>
                                <artifactId>surefire</artifactId>
                                <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                        </plugin>
I get this:
[...]
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire/2.1-SNAPSHOT/surefire-2.1-20070108.094711-11.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.surefire
ArtifactId: surefire
Version: 2.1-20070108.094711-11

Reason: Unable to locate resource in repository

because there is no Jar-file inside.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-snapshot-repositories.html