Hi,

I can get it into a property but can't get it into e.g. the manifest file due to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-121

I was wrong, I can not get it into a property.

Using

          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>validate</phase>
                <id>getting-scm.revision</id>
                <goals>
                  <goal>update</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>

as suggested on this list results in

[INFO] [scm:update {execution: getting-scm.revision}]
[INFO] Executing: svn --username maven --non-interactive update
[INFO] Working directory: D:\projekte\template\templatePom-trunk
[DEBUG] Revision 375.
[INFO] Unknown file status: 'R' in line Revision 375..
[INFO] Storing revision in 'scm.revision' project property.

This does not result in rev. 375 being replaced in filtered files
(result is xyz=0 insted of the expedted xyz=375)

If run "mvn -Dscm.revision=42 ..." then I get the 42 value in the filtered file.

Bernd

I tried filtering but I could not get it to work. Anyway I am not sure how I would have to set up a filter based on a property value.

Any help is appreciated.

Bernd