-e turns on exception stack traces, and -X turns on debug logging.

Btw, I've had the same problem with not being able to turn on debug when
running under TeamCity. I asked JetBrains about it, and they said
there's currently no way to do it. I keep meaning to file a JIRA with
JetBrains for it, so they'll add something in 1.2.